5.15.2014

Decisions & Distractions...

 I've snapped a photo of this robin.

 She is a sassy robin and can be found most days chasing other birds away.
  She likes to forage in the seed droppings on the ground.
 I'm not sure if she is eating seeds or finding bugs in the seed droppings, or both.
She likes grape jelly, too!



You can even find Miss Sassy Robin on this sampler.
I chose lighter shades of floss for this piece.  
I was aiming for a more prairie style feel, something that will fit in nicely with
lots of old farmhouse whites and ironstone collections.

For the past week I been trying to decide a finish for this piece...
frame it,
or something more special?


I am finding,
 the older I get,
 the harder it is for me to
 make a decision...


Here is a sneak at a second sampler,
 waiting for a finish decision.


This piece is worked on the Corn husk linen and I love it!  
The greenish-yellow linen is a perfect canvas for the selected spring-time shades of flosses.
Frame it?
Make it into a pillow?
I can't decide.


Maybe there are too many distractions to make decisions...

Like this...
(Miss Sassy Robin has built her nest in this tree)
and these...

My last blog posting I showed you photos of the Baltimore Orioles. 
 These are snaps of the Orchard Oriole.  
They are a deeper rusty orange and smaller in size.
  Not quite as showy as the Baltimore Oriole.
  Males are rust and females are yellow.  
They are a very skittish, nervous, sort of bird.
 Any movement by my window and they are gone. 
 It has taken them some time  to get comfortable
with the lady on the other side of the window,
and I was able to snap a couple pics yesterday. 

When is it my turn?


And then there was this guy
 distracting me at lunchtime yesterday...

Who is he?
A new dinner guest?
It's a smaller bird, and
I figured it was a warbler of sorts,
but,
 I couldn't identify him...
My bird book tells me this is a
Cape May Warbler.


I only have seen one male and no females.
According to the book, he is off his normal migration route. 
 He is a  further west then normal.
He seems content with the Orioles.
Maybe he thinks he is an Oriole!

This Cape May Warbler is migrating 
to the forest of the Northern United States and Canada. 
 He has made his way here,
all the way from the West Indies,
where it winters. 
 During the winter months he fed on nectar
 that it collects with it's unique curled, semi tubular tongue.
  During the nesting season 
it will feed on spruce bud worms.

He is currently enjoying grape jelly and oranges in Iowa
 with the Orioles.
From my reading,
he is
 awaiting for a strong southerly wind 
that he will ride further northward to it's place of nesting.
Amazing!
Isn't he beautiful?
Look at those delicate little bird legs!

Wishing you all a day of good decisions and good distractions,
Brenda

4 comments:

murakami said...

Really Thanks Boss It amazing Info For me
sagame 1688

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 777

ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน
เพียงไม่กี่ขั้นตอน ก็สามารถเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ โดยยอดเครดิตใน User ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 1688

เราขอแนะนำเว็บ SUPERSLOT 98 ซึ่งเป็นเว็บเกมสล็อตที่ดีที่สุดในตอนนี้ คัดสรรเกมโบนัสแตกง่ายให้ท่านเลือกเล่นได้ไม่ซ้ำ
ศูนย์รวมค่ายเกมฮิตไว้มากที่สุด ภาพสวย เลือกเกมง่ายสบายตา ระบบ ฝาก-ถอน ง่ายด้วยระบบอัตโนมัติ ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ ใช้เวลาไม่ถึง 1 นาที มีแอดมินบริการอย่างดีตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง
เว็บ สล็อต

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

เว็บ สล็อต

พิเศษแน่นอนเมื่อสมัครเล่นสล็อตที่นี่ ใหม่เพียง 100 บาท วันนี้รับโบนัส 50% จากเราไปทันที 5 สิทธิพิเศษสำหรับสมาชิกใหม่เท่านั้น สมัครวันนี้รับไปเลยเต็มๆ หรือจะแนะนำให้เพื่อนได้สนุกกับเกมส์ความบันเทิงนี้เพื่อนได้โบนัส คนแนะนำก็ยังได้โบนัสอีกด้วย โปรดสอบถามข้อมูลโบนัส
เพียงไม่กี่ขั้นตอน ก็สามารถเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ โดยยอดเครดิตใน User ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต