2.18.2011

Letting go...

the decision has been made

&

its been a tough decision...

I really wanted to stitch the "Ann Sandles - 1864" sampler myself

BUT

I know

if I don't get this out of sight & out of mind

SOON-LIKE,

it will be on my frame

and then I'll have 3 relatively large pieces in the works...

Aren't her colors lovely?

The sampler is of Scottish origin and spent some of it's life hanging in the Ottersburn Gallery - Dumfries Scottland. Ann Sandles was 13 years old when she made her last stitch on this Adam & Eve themed sampler. Verse reads - Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees.

So... it is with some sadness that I shall pass this off to one of my stitchers, but at the same time, know it will be in good hands and stitched meticulously.
Watch for this antique reproduction chart in late Spring/early Summer.

Good Bye Ann.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Ann Sandles is certainly beautiful. Thanks for the sneak peak. I will add her to my wish list along with Ann Dickinson. I'm really looking forward to stitching those acorns and oak leaves!!! Blessings from Kentucky - kelley

GailinVirginia said...

...I think you, being a very wise lady, made the only decision. You will still have it "stitched" and framed to enjoy...but, sometimes moving on is what we must do.

Happy Friday and stitch happy:)

~Gail

Nancy said...

Oh my what gorgeous colors! Seeing this is something to look forward to.